It is important that regular maintenance is carried out on the heater to maintain efficient operation. All maintenance should be carried out ONLY by authorized service personnel.
Control compartment, burner and circulation air passageways of the heater must be kept clean. Inspect and clean at least every six months or more frequently in adverse conditions.
Never obstruct the flow of combustion and ventilation air. Always keep the appliance area clear and free from combustible materials, gasoline and other flammable vapors and liquids.
Do not clean heater with cleaners that are combustible or corrosive.
REGULAR SERVICE REQUIREMENTS
- AGA approved Gas Hose, located within the mounting arm, must be checked at least once annually. The hose must be replaced if there is any evidence of excessive wear, or if the hose is damaged. The replacement hose assembly must be AGA approved with 3/8” SAE flared ends. To check the Gas Hose, remove control housing cover by removing 8 screws and slide cover outwards. Alternatively, disassemble heater by reversing the installation instructions as outlined in installation section of this handbook.
- Visually check burner flames. During Heaters function visually check that all burners are alight and glowing hot. This can be done by observing the red glow through the translucent face, or by peering down the production combustion passageway. Note: A slight variation in color is to be expected.
- Clean Burners. Burners can be cleaned by directing compressed air (max20PSI) at outlet ports. Avoid directing air at gasket material between ceramic tile and burner cup.
- Clean manifold and injectors. Undo gas hose from gas valve outlet (heater should be switched off) and inject compressed air (max20PSI) down the inlet fittings.
- Clean dust and foreign matter form inside of heater housing: Open up rear housing and clear dust using compressed air (max20PSI) and a damp cloth.
- Remove debris, spider and insect nests from, control compartment, burner and circulation air passageways of the heater with heavy-duty pipe cleaner or compressed air to keep appliance clean and safe for use. Never clean ports other openings with toothpicks or other articles that will break and block the ports.
- In a salt-air environment, such as near an ocean, corrosion occurs more quickly than normal. Check frequently for corroded areas and repair them promptly.
More frequent cleaning may be required as necessary. It is imperative that control compartment, burner and circulation air passageways of the heater be kept clean.
The exterior Platinum Smart-Heat™ Series Heater components are constructed from stainless steel, and high temperature coated black paint. For all exterior black parts (excluding fascia trims), a brushed finish has been used. This is not a coating and under prolonged use, may slightly discolor from high temperatures emitted by the theater. This is a normal occurrence and does not affect the operation of the appliance.
Replacement parts can be purchased to restore the heater to its original appearance from Platinum Smart-Heat™ Heating Pty Ltd.